The National Government of Papua New Guinea has provided Legislation – ‘The Motor Vehicles (Third Party Insurance) Act’ (the Act) - which ensures that if a person is injured by an insured vehicle, and with some exceptions, an uninsured vehicle, and there is a liability on the vehicle owner to pay, then Motor Vehicles Insurance Ltd (MVIL) provides insurance cover.
This is known as Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance. CTP provides monetary payment for loss of life and bodily injury, but does not give any payment for damage to, or loss of, any property including vehicles. Injured people should be aware that there are legal obligations required by the Act. Important.
The information in this web site is intended only as a brief guide. In addition to this web site, MVIL provides a Road Safety Handbook in English, Tok Pisin and Motu which can be obtained at the MVIL offices or at the Police Stations. This book is a very useful guide about safe driving and explains the Rules of the Road.
Play an active role in the development of Papua New Guinea through commerce, industry and all aspects of the economy with the underlying vision to enhance the quality of life of all citizens through;
- Provision of innovative, affordable, dependable and effective insurance packages
- Promotion of road safety for all the traveling public
- Take on the leadership role in modeling, inspiring and influencing the business community in worlds best practices
- Play a leadership role in promoting sustainable economic development in Papua New Guinea
To provide accessible and affordable Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Insurance service to motor vehicle owners in PNG.
We strive to archieve the above through the following endeavours;
- Promptly and efficiently process all insurance claims at all times
- Enhance accessibility of CTP insurance through strong presence in all provinces
- To ensure prudent investment of CTP premiums with the view to make premiums affordable to all motor vehicle owners.
- To actively promote road safety in Papua New Guinea
Our Core Values of Business are:
- Integrity & Transparency
- Honesty & Leadership
- Quality Customer Focus & Services
You must notify Motor Vehicles Insurance Limited immediately if you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident and acquired injury..Read More
A current certificate of roadworthiness is not enough on its own, it only means the vehicle was safe when the certificate was issued..Read More
The motor vehicles (Third Party) Insurance Act is designed to provide compensation to people injured in motor vehicle accidents. The money..Read More